August 15, 2010

Over Analyzing Movies

I shouldn't do it, I know I shouldn't, but I find it difficult to watch movies without over analyzing their content. Terminator, for example - the time paradox of John Connor having to be born so that he can send his father back in time so that he can be born makes me insane! I like the movie, and I'll watch it over and over again. But, it still makes me nuts, which is perhaps crazy in and of itself.

But, if I thought I was bad - I'm NOTHING compared to my fiance!! Holy Monkies!! I love him to death, but the man needs to just enjoy the experience once in a while, without over-thinking every teeny tiny detail!

We just finished watching "Brainscan" on FearNet. I really enjoy the movie (a great pick for you horror/sci-fi fans). The ending is one of those where you're not entirely sure what happened. Think "Total Recall," where it's perfectly feasible that it happened, but it's also perfectly feasible that it was all just some hypnosis-induced dream.

So, my beloved has to immediately start over-thinking it. "Well, that doesn't make sense because logically..."

Guess what guys, sometimes movies don't make sense. Hell - most of the time movies don't make a lot of sense. That's what makes them FANTASY in nature. Just go with it, even if it's difficult for you to do so. Makes the experience immeasurably more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment