August 12, 2010

New Babies Are Awesome!

It's been a while since I've written, and there's a good reason for that. The last few months of my pregnancy were tiresome to say the least. I was going into the Dr. a minimum of twice per week, for monitoring (as I had gestational diabetes).

After about a week's worth of labor regularly occurring, but not dilating me past 2, they took pity on me and began an induction. That took about a day, and then he was born! May 25th.

The truly awesome part of the experience (other than the blessed epidural) was that I got to deliver him myself, after the Dr. made sure his head and shoulders were clear! This is the third baby, first boy, and the very first time that I've ever been offered that option!

We stayed in the hospital for around a day, and now we are finally settling into a definitive pattern with one another.

I don't get much sleep, of course, but I never really have anyway, so it's not so much bothersome for me.

He is an awesome baby! He is very mellow and "go with the flow" most of the time. He is positively gorgeous and looks a great deal like his father. And, he is just one of the sweetest little human beings I've ever had the privilege of meeting.

Two months old now, and he is growing like he has a phobia of being short!! He is ALWAYS eating! And, he's even a size 3 diaper already! It's NOT FREAKING FAIR!!!

*breathe*

Okay, I'm calmer now.

I keep telling him to slow down with that growing stuff. But, wouldn't you know it.... he's the living embodiment of stubbornness!

Don't know where he could possibly have gotten that trait from......

No comments:

Post a Comment