August 25, 2011

What? An 80's Slasher Flick I Haven't Seen?

Oh the shame! Oh the horror! This simply cannot be! And... yet... the modern wonders of Netflix have proven me wrong.

I was practically raised on Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror. Nearly everything my parents watched could fit into one of these three categories (sometimes all three). My father, especially, was obsessed with horror. I'm pretty sure I watched "Halloween" before I saw "The Little Mermaid". I had (erroneously) assumed that I had seen EVERY horror movie (whether or not it was any good) made in the 80's in particular (as well as the vast majority of those made before and since).

Yesterday, I watched "Hell Night", starring Linda Blair, on Netflix (streaming live over my Xbox). Now, I didn't know that Linda Blair had made anything other than the first two "Exorcist" movies, and stuff that references that story line (i.e. "Repossessed"). You know - like that one guy from Alien; the one who died first, when the alien jumped out of his chest at the dinner scene. Has he done anything other than that, and a variety of comedic skits that reference that one well-known scene?

Well - wrong again. Apparently, "Exorcist" and related stuff, is not the only thing Linda Blair ever did! She also, much to my surprise, did an 80's slasher/killer movie, "Hell Night". She was a teenager, judging by the timing of the movie and how she looked. Honestly - it was pretty good (If, like me, you're into that kind of film).

I don't know why she wasn't cast in much else, unless she just didn't want to do it anymore. OR, perhaps some Hollywood poopy-face (that's right - I said it!) felt that audiences wouldn't respond well to the fact that she still looked so very young.

Poor, poor Linda Blair.

And god came down and said, "I shall make you age slowly and gracefully, so that women everywhere, and Hollywood horror movie producers, shall shun and despise you."



**The above is just a joke. I wasn't there. I have no idea what anyone at all may have said to Linda Blair, at any time in her life or career.**

No comments:

Post a Comment