January 19, 2010

On Being Pregnant...

My boobies hurt. Breathing gives me heartburn. Headaches are a far more common occurrence than they have been in the past. Mood swings? It's like PMS for nine months straight! The other day, brushing my teeth initiated my gag reflex (almost had to undo and redo that whole brushing thing). The fact that this is my third pregnancy hasn't prepared me to find a comfortable sleeping position. And I am REALLY sick and tired of peeing at this point!

BUT....

I'm just coming out of the third trimester now. The nausea and headaches are less frequent than they were a month ago. I giggle and swell with happiness every time I feel my very active baby move. The most amazing man in the world rubs my back and feet constantly without being asked. My two older kids are thoroughly excited (my youngest wanted to "wake baby up" the other day - may have given him/her shaken fetus syndrome, but that's okay). And I can't wait to welcome baby to the world in just five more months or so.

SO....

All in all - this definitely ranks as one of the happiest times of my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment